Why QR Codes?
QR Bar Codes can hold more information than a regular bar code and my experience with scanning them using FileMaker Go 13’s built-in bar code scanning is that the speed and recognition accuracy is much better than with a regular bar code scan.
when instead what was required was:
Download FileMaker Pro 13 format Demo:
To copy this technique to your own solution, here is the to do list:
- Copy over the fields required: QR Code, Data, Size, index_html, qr_code_js
- Copy (or create) the Size value list over
- Setup your layout
- Paste the text from the Index_html and qr_code_js fields into your solution
- Copy the script called “Generate QR Codes”
- Copy and paste the ‘Create QR Code’ button
- Review script for errors (possibly field name differences)
- Fix problems
- Test again.
QR Code demo
The demo consists of a three fields for processing:
- Size – size of the QR Code
- QR Code container field.
Finally, one script ‘Generate QR Code’, drives the calculation to generate the Web Viewer content and scrape the result back into the QR Code container field.
The Generate UUID button/script is simply there to generate some sample data and is not crucial to the demo.
What is going on here
Generate QR Code script
The script sets the named Web Viewer to the calculated HTML, replacing the data from the field and the size selected. The resulting Web Viewer is then scraped for the Base64 encoded QR image and set to the container field.